City of Solon Resources
For Business Resources, click here.
The creation of a Solon Connectivity Master Plan is underway & the City of Solon continues to ask our residents & business community to participate in this process. The goal is to create a unified network of safe, affordable, and accessible multi-modal connections that offer recreational opportunities and alternative options for getting around the community and to work.
Submit an outstanding place, connection opportunity or connection challenge using the Interactive Citizen Map here!
- Solon Police Department: Nonessential visitors are not permitted within secure areas of the Police Station. This is for the well-being of our police officers and staff as well as the general public. The Solon Police Department is encouraging "call it in" reporting for incidents that are not in progress. The Police Department will still respond to calls that are in progress, but for routine matters that require a report, please call (440) 248-1234. We are encouraging individuals to call the station to report or resolve routine matters before coming to the police station.
- Solon Fire Department: All nonessential, non-emergency services are suspended until further notice. This includes station tours, child seat inspections and installations, CPR classes, fire safety inspections, food deliveries. Medical services (i.e., blood pressure checks, all emergency situations) will still be addressed by personnel in the fire stations. The Fire Department's Harvest for Hunger food drive is continuing. Nonperishable food items can be dropped off to any fire station. If you are dropping off nonperishable food items, please use the outside telephones to notify fire personnel that your donation is at the door.
- Solon Water Reclamation Facility: The building is closed to the public until further notice. The Water Reclamation Department will maintain current facility operations to provide a clean and safe water environment for our community. In addition, the facility and staff are following the recommended guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control, Board of Health and government agencies to provide a safe working environment.
- Simple Recycling: Simple Recycling has made the decision to temporarily discontinue curbside textile collection until further notice. We anticipate that the program will resume sometime in the spring.
In the meantime, you can schedule a free donation pickup of clothing and shoes through www.DonateStuff.com
- Community Development Department (Building & Planning): The Building and Planning Departments will be accepting all applications, plans and contractor registrations electronically. Forms and documents can be found here. Please submit all relevant forms and documentation to Cathy Herchick. Payments will be accepted by credit card over the phone or via check by mail. Alternatively, should electronic submittal not be an option, drop-off bins are located in the front door vestibule area of City Hall. Please place documents for drop off in the respective department bin. When a permit is ready to be issued, applicants will be notified by phone or email, and an appointment will be scheduled for pickup in the vestibule area. Please do not hesitate to contact the Building and/or Community Development Departments with any questions or concerns throughout this process.
Building: 440-349-6737; Planning & Community Development: 440-349-6327
- Economic Development: Visit the City of Solon Business Resource Center here for a list of resources and updates for your quick and easy reference during this extremely disruptive and alarming COVID-19 pandemic. Together, we will get through this. The City, in partnership with the Solon Chamber of Commerce, is reaching out to the business community to gather information, such as what businesses are open, which are closed, what companies are laying off employees and which businesses are currently hiring. If you are a Solon business, please respond to the survey as it will help us notify residents of important information. We also want to help connect the recently unemployed with new essential employment opportunities. We are asking the business community to determine current needs so we can connect them to available resources. We encourage the business community to email Economic Development Director Angee Shaker with specific needs and requests as we are compiling resource information.
- Engineering Department: The Engineering Department requests that any contractor, business or resident who would like to submit for a Heavy Load, Driveway, and Utility/Right of Way, Sewer Repair or Sewer Tap permit to contact the Engineering Department by either calling (440) 349-6745 or emailing email@example.com. The goal is to process all applications for permits electronically via email and receive payments via credit card or check by mail. Of course, we realize there are always exceptions to this process, and we will continue to work with all entities moving forward through this difficult time.
- Sewer Billing: The first quarter sanitary sewer billing is due Wednesday, April 1st. Residents can pay their bills via the online billing portal, via phone with credit card at (440) 337-1334, or by mailing payment to the City of Solon Sewer Billing, P.O. Box 932484 Cleveland, OH 44193. Please contact a representative of our Sewer Billing Division at (440) 337-1334 should you have any questions or concerns regarding your sanitary sewer billing. Additional information can be found here.
- The Solon Community Center will begin a phased in reopening Tuesday, June 9, with modified days and hours of operation. During this initial phase our schedule will be Tuesday - Friday 6:00 am - 8:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm. We will be closed on Mondays. Tuesday and Friday 12:00-3:30 will be designated Senior times. Locker rooms will not be available. The family locker room will be available as a restroom only.
At this time only the fitness equipment (both cardio and selectorized) from the fitness mezzanine will be available. Equipment will be moved throughout the facility to help insure proper social distancing. The indoor pool will also be available for lap and fitness swimming, this will be done by appointment for 45 minute periods on the hour. Only one person per lane will be allowed and two in the current stream. Instructions on how to make reservations will be available by the end of this week.
- Solon Recreation Department: The Recreation Department will be making their entire library of Video Fitness Classes (over 150) available to residents online. Classes range in time from 15-60 minutes and include the following categories: Cardio, Cycling, Dance, Martial Arts, Strength, Mind and Body, and Core. There will be a registration process and this is limited to the first 500 who send their emails. There will be a Recreation Roundup video forthcoming about that. Residents are also encouraged to participate in the Recreation Department Virtual Talent Show information can be found on Facebook.
- Solon Senior Center: If you are a resident over the age of 60 who has not registered with the City of Solon's Department of Senior Services, please contact (440) 349-6363. This will allow the City to ensure your safety during difficult times like these, as well as notify you of programs and services now and in the future. The Department of Senior Services is providing essential services, including transportation, social service consultations, nutritional support and regular check-in calls, as well as developing programming to combat isolation. An initial sampling of virtual programming is available through The Digital Mosaic. Access to additional classes utilizing other platforms will be available soon. Contact the Department of Senior Services with any questions or if you have concerns about a senior resident.
- Solon Foundation: Once again, Solon is proving that it is a community that cares for one another. Many members of the Solon Community have reached out to offer assistance to the City of Solon and those affected by COVID-19. To best comply with the stay-at-home order and meet local needs, we suggest making a donation to the Solon Foundation, whose mission is to support programs and activities that enhance the public interest and lives of Solon residents. The Solon Foundation is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit that assists City of Solon Departments. This includes departments that are presently responding to the needs of our residents during this pandemic, such as additions and expansion of nutritional programming to meet the needs of the most vulnerable, our seniors, as well as residents with limited incomes. To make a donation, you can send a check addressed to Solon Foundation to Solon City Hall. Donations will soon be able to be taken online by credit card. For more information on when this portal will be available, please call (440) 337-1411. Select in-person volunteer assistance is being coordinated through the Solon Senior Center. For questions, contact (440) 349-6363.
- Solon Center for the Arts: The Solon Center for the Arts is continuing their virtual classes. This week, the SCA starting running a few regularly scheduled classes through Zoom with enrolled participants. Many more classes are expected to follow in the coming weeks. SCA misses its students, and the staff is super excited to resume these classes using online methods. Emails will be sent to parents as classes move online. The City of Solon launched the citywide initiative Keeping Solon Connected. The first community "event" is for Solon residents to hang their American Flag outside to help show unity amongst the City. Different "events" are scheduled each week. More information can be found on Facebook.
- Grantwood Golf Course: Currently, the driving range is still open to the public. Look for virtual golf lessons coming soon to the Grantwood Facebook page. The course will be open to the public with tee times available 10am-3pm daily. They will be operating out of a walk up window, with one person allowed to a cart and "engineered" holes so that there is no need to touch the flag stick. The clubhouse is closed to the public and there will be no restrooms available.